In this latest episode of our Omni Talk Retail Spotlight Series, Buncha Co-Founder and CEO Bharat Pulgam joins Chris Walton and Anne Mezzenga to discuss a smarter way to think about last-mile delivery, i.e. giving customers scheduled weekly neighborhood deliveries at a fraction of the cost.
In this podcast, Chris and Anne go deep with Bharat on:
- The misconceptions around speed vs. convenience, especially when the former is far more expensive
- The economic value of scheduled neighborhood deliveries both for consumers and for retailers
- How such a model increases pick and pack efficiency (by enabling orders to be processed in stores overnight) while also significantly lowering delivery costs
- And why the whole concept may just be a radical new way to think about localized fulfillment
It is a concept that draws many parallels with how airlines operate and one that is sure to challenge your conventional ways of thinking about e-commerce.
You can listen to Chris and Anne’s full interview with Bharat by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | SoundCloud | Amazon Music
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team