In this week’s Omni Talk Fast Five Podcast, sponsored by the A&M Consumer and Retail Group, Firework, Trigo, Sezzle, and Silk, Chris and Anne:
- Tried to read the tea leaves in Walmart and Home Depot’s latest earnings reports
- Lauded ThredUP’s new online store, 777Thrift, where everything is on sale for under $7.
- Discussed Instagram calling it quits on live shopping and what it means for Meta’s future and the future of CPG advertising
- Threw more shade at Instacart for Heinen’s ending its relationship with the delivery service
- And closed with a counterintuitive take on why Barnes & Noble’s new subscription program may be a stroke of genius merchandising
There’s all that, plus vegetable rationing, Patrón Margarita Generators, and everyone’s favorite made up holiday, Supermarket Appreciation Day.
You can give this week’s Fast Five podcast episode a listen by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | SoundCloud | Amazon Music
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
P.S. Don’t forget to register for Shoptalk to take advantage of their new onsite Meetup networking opportunity: shoptalk.com/us/omnitalk
P.P.S. Head to omnitalk.rice.events to register for #RICE23 in Chicago.
P.P.P.S. Plus, check out our Top 10 ranking in Feedspot’s 60 Top Retail Podcasts: https://blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
P.P.P.P.S. And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/
Music by hooksounds.com