In this week’s Fast Five podcast, sponsored by Microsoft, the A&M Consumer and Retail Group, Takeoff, and Sezzle, Chris Walton and Anne Mezzenga:
– Had a split opinion on Publix’s new nano-fulfillment partnership with Instacart.
– Both extolled the virtues of the one-stop shop and H-E-B’s newest store concept down in Texas.
– Praised Verizon for going all-in on 24/7 pickup lockers.
– Tipped our caps to Target for once again getting omnichannel retail tech right, as evidenced by their recent pilot of a robot that gives $8 manicures in-store.
– And closed with a discussion of what Victoria’s Secret selling on Amazon portends for the future and why Chris, specifically, thinks it is a pill that more mall-based retailers should just up and swallow.
There’s all that, plus the latest review read-a-loud, Anne’s pining for 21 Jump Street, and Chris Walton’s long obsession with frosted tips.
Watch this week’s episode now on YouTube
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
Plus, check out our ranking in Feedspot’s 45 Top Retail Podcasts: blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/