Part of what makes the concept of omnichannel retailing so great is the idea that retail is now perpetual, i.e. always on and available to consumers whenever and however they want it. But, by definition then, doing it right requires unprecedented levels of flexibility within our retail supply chains.
So Omni Talk is pleased to announce that Purolator’s Senior Director of Retail, Laurie Weston, joins Chris Walton and Anne Mezzenga for the latest installment of their Omni Talk Ask An Expert Series to explain how her company is thinking about and taking on this challenge.
Collectively the three of them go deep on:
– The varying ways Puralotor is attempting to increase package pickup and return accessibility, including concepts like partner access points, lockers, self-service kiosks, and mobile quick stop trucks
– The growing case for pickup lockers in densely urban markets, along with why the time is right to begin testing them in rural markets, too.
– How retailers should think about their own last-mile and return network designs
– And, most importantly, Laurie’s anecdotes from 29 years on the job about why speed and convenience still trump all
Chris, Anne, and Laurie discuss all this and more, and it is a conversation that is in-depth, fun, and one guaranteed to fill your last-mile knowledge cup to the brim!
You can give Chris and Anne’s interview with Laurie a listen by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
Music by hooksounds.com