Our most recent video is now live via our YouTube channel — “Fast Five | Tesco Takes On Amazon Go While Instacart Jumps The Shark With Caper”
Every story this week was big, some might even say, HUGE.
We have the first-ever retrofitted checkout-free store, a nonsensical +$300 million acquisition, a big scan-and-go test, an ultra fast move into NYC, and a subscription program that one major retailer continues to just piss down its leg.
In this week’s Fast Five Podcast, Anne Mezzenga and Chris Walton:
– Herald Tesco’s new checkout-free store with Trigo in London as a landmark event in the history of in-store retailing.
– Question Instacart’s dumb smart cart acquisition of Caper (see what we did there?).
– Fawn all over GoPuff and its move into New York City.
– Shower love on Best Buy for its latest scan-and-go and 24/7 curbside pickup locker tests.
– And end it all by giving Walmart a jolly good and right proper slagging for how it continues to make Walmart+ the most unimaginative subscription program in the history of retail.
There’s all that, plus my favorite wine pairing with cheese made from goat’s milk, Anne’s aversion to Macy’s Santa Clauses, and one big camelback.
Be careful out there.
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
To learn more about the A&M Consumer & Retail Group, visit: alvarezandmarsal-crg.com/
To learn more about Takeoff, visit: http://www.takeoff.com/
To learn more about Attentive, visit: http://www.attentivemobile.com/omnitalk
To register for the Manifest conference, visit: http://www.manife.st
Plus, check out our ranking in Feedspot’s 45 Top Retail Podcasts: blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
Music by HookSounds.com