Our most recent video is now live via our YouTube channel — “Fast Five Video | Amazon And The War On Wages”
– What Amazon’s latest moves to increase wages and offer free college tuition for its employees signal for the rest of the retail industry.
– The recent layoffs at Casper and whether they are a canary in the coal mine for other DTC brands or simply an isolated event.
– Amazon mega-roller-upper Thrasio’s recent $100 million spending spree and what it could mean for the CPG industry.
– Peloton’s overt move into private label apparel.
– And, close with a discussion on buyers’ clubs through the examination lens of Beauty Pie, a buyers’ club in the health and wellness space that just raised $100 million.
There’s all that plus taco subscription runs to the border and what we think is also likely fake news from Deutsche bank on the size of the Walmart+ subscription base.
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
To learn more about the A&M Consumer & Retail Group, visit:
To learn more about Takeoff, visit: http://www.takeoff.com/
Plus, check out our ranking in Feedspot’s 45 Top Retail Podcasts: blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
Music by HookSounds.com