In the latest edition of the Omni Talk Fast Five, sponsored by A&M Consumer & Retail Group, https://www.alvarezandmarsal.com/industries/retail/retail, Takeoff https://www.takeoff.com/, and Manhattan Associates, https://www.manh-momentum.com/event/2900e153-e818-4d29-8aa7-08ece92093ad/summary Chris Walton and Anne Mezzenga talk:
– The reportedly leaked memo that confirms our long held suspicions surrounding Walmart’s tenuous hold on its grocery market share in the face of third-party marketplaces and Amazon.
– Why in the hell it is that eBay suddenly seems cool again.
– The long legs of Dick’s Sporting Goods new off-price concept.
– Tanger Outlets and its Fillogic partnership and why, even though the concept is cool, it could be the wrong starting point.
– And Circle K’s new $5.99 per month coffee subscription that Anne somehow loves despite being Death Valley low on the same idea from Panera last year.
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel now https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJkRZXZvTEbOecm_iJ5L1Q
Be careful out there,
- Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team