– Called Giant Food’s decision to implement receipt checks and to pull branded merchandise from its shelves a momentous moment in the history of retail.
– Enjoyed riffing on the seemingly best frenemies that Shopify and Amazon have become in light of their new Buy With Prime partnership.
– Hotly debated Under Armour’s hiring of John Varvatos as its new Chief Design Officer (Anne loved it; Chris did not).
– Both surprisingly supported JCP’s $1 billion turnaround plan.
– And closed with a salute and a watch out for Ulta over the recent tripling of its ship-from-store locations.
There’s all that, plus in-flight biohazards, sex ring code words, and whether Taylor Swift will gross a cool billion at the box office.
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
P.S. To register for Groceryshop, head here: www.groceryshop.com/omnitalk
P.P.S. And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/