In this latest episode of the Omni Talk Retail Spotlight Series, Dematic Market Development Director, Kim Baudry, joins Chris and Anne to discuss the lessons learned from those who invested in microfulfillment early on and what we should expect the big bets to be as retailers shift to new closer-to-consumer strategies that deliver across all channels.
Chris and Anne go deep with Kim on:
- Why it is more appropriate to use “close-to-consumer” fulfillment than microfulfillment
- All the various approaches retailers can take to get closer to their consumers, with or without automation
- The industry hurdles still standing in the way of the close-to-consumer movement
- And, most importantly, how the retail industry will evolve and what changes we should expect to warehousing and store operations in the years ahead
It is a conversation that is frank, blunt, and to the point — just the way we like it at Omni Talk!
You can listen to can listen to Chris and Anne’s full interview with Kim by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | SoundCloud | Amazon Music
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team