– Exhibited tempered enthusiasm (if there is such a thing) over Amazon’s launch of RxPass which gives Prime members as many drugs as they need from a list of 50 generic medications for just $5 per month.
– Compared and contrasted Dollar General’s mobile clinic approach with Rite Aid’s “pharmacy desert” pilot.
– Disagreed over the potential financial impact of Walmart’s new Walmart Business initiative.
– Discussed how we plan to keep a close eye on the new Chinese shopping app, Temu, from the makers of Pinduoduo, that is rocketing up the download charts.
– And closed with an examination of what Amazon’s decision to close one of its London Amazon Fresh stores, after just 18 months, means for the future of Just Walk Out technology in grocery and for Amazon’s physical grocery store plans overall.
There’s all that, plus heart-shaped goat milk soaps, rear seat warmers, and Anne’s honest admission of whether or not she has the McDonald’s app on her phone.
You can give this week’s Fast Five podcast episode a listen by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
P.S. Don’t forget to register for Shoptalk to take advantage of their new onsite Meetup networking opportunity: shoptalk.com/us/omnitalk
P.P.S. Go to omnitalk.rice.events to register for RICE23
P.P.P.S. Plus, check out our Top 10 ranking in Feedspot’s 60 Top Retail Podcasts: https://blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
P.P.P.P.S. And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/
Music by hooksounds.com