In this week’s Omni Talk Fast Five Podcast, sponsored by the A&M Consumer and Retail Group, Firework, Trigo, Sezzle, and Silk, A&M’s Jonathan Sharp and Michael Prendergast joined Chris and Anne to discuss:
- Their mutual admiration for Walmart’s Salesforce partnership and how Walmart is positioning its technology services.
- Starbucks going national with DoorDash and whether it signals the start of “the third place” being fully replaced by working from home.
- Whether Rent The Runway selling on Amazon is shrewd or just plain desperate.
- Trigo’s first U.S. store that debuted this week with Wakefern.
- And closed with a “there’s more to the story than there appears” take on Portillo’s decision to make all its drive-thrus cashless.
There’s all that, plus Big New Yorkers, exchanging services for something other than money, and the grossest things any of them could realistically imagine finding in a box of Legos.
You can give this week’s Fast Five podcast episode a listen by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
P.S. Don’t forget to register for Shoptalk to take advantage of their new onsite Meetup networking opportunity: shoptalk.com/us/omnitalk
P.P.S. Go to terrapinn.com/homedeliveryworld to register for Home Delivery World TODAY.
P.P.P.S. Plus, check out our Top 10 ranking in Feedspot’s 60 Top Retail Podcasts: https://blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
P.P.P.P.S. And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/
Music by hooksounds.com