In this latest episode of the Omni Talk Retail Spotlight Series, Shopreme Chief Customer Officer Nico Müller joins Chris Walton and Anne Mezzenga to discuss what it takes to make a scan-and-go checkout system really work.
With all the noise surrounding Wegmans’ announcement last year, Chris and Anne wanted to learn what makes scan-and-go so successful in Europe. Or said another way, what is the real recipe for success that everyone should follow?
To that end, Chris and Anne get the skinny from Nico on:
– Loss prevention tactics, particularly closed entry and exit points
– Easy mobile signup
– Localized rollouts vs. one store pilots
– Mobile-only payment options
– And the importance of hands-free shopping for larger grocery trips
There’s a lot of noise out there surrounding scan-and-go shopping, and this podcast interview helps to clear it all up!
Watch Chris and Anne’s full interview with Nico now on YouTube
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team