- The implications of a U.S. grocer licensing Amazon’s Just Walk Out technology for the first time.
- Macy’s deployment of FIT:MATCH’s mobile fit technology for bra fitting in 10 of its high volume stores
- Walmart CEO Doug McMillon’s ambiguous claim that mounting theft could force Walmart to raise prices and close stores.
- An interesting new concierge service from Dropit that recently rolled out at The Galleria mall in Houston.
- And, closed with a look at McDonald’s new pickup forward test store and what it means for how retailers should approach innovation.
There’s all that, plus pragmatic musings from Chris on artificial vs. live Christmas trees, AI rabbit holes, and Anne’s favorite word to put “Viva” in front of.
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
P.S. And don’t forget to use our discount code to register for Manifest too: Manife.st/Omnitalk
P.P.S. Plus, check out our Top 10 ranking in Feedspot’s 60 Top Retail Podcasts: https://blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
P.P.P.S. And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/