– Questioned whether anything of note could be gleaned from reports that Walmart and others pushed Amazon to fourth place in Black Friday online searches.
– Discussed whether the way Target has rolled out Starbucks curbside pickup is “Expect More, Pay Less” or really “Expect More, Pay More.”
– Evaluated the likely reception of a slew of new AWS retail technology product launches.
– Grew skeptical of Rite Aid’s ability to pull off a new small store concept in “pharmacy deserts.”
– And closed with an all-time zinger from Anne about Macy’s new Claire’s shop-in-shops.
There’s all that, plus champagne baths, drones going very awry in Australia, and the incredibly wise holograms of Sam Walton.
And don’t forget to use our discount code to register for Manifest too: Manife.st/Omnitalk
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
Plus, check out our Top 10 ranking in Feedspot’s 60 Top Retail Podcasts: https://blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/