– Discussed Walmart’s bevy of robot-related news, from the purchase of Alert Innovation to its new next-generation fulfillment center in Atlanta, i.e. the very same warehouse, where it should also be noted, Walmart recently laid off almost 1,500 people.
– Got even more heated than usual arguing over whether TikTok should be building its own e-commerce warehouses.
– Applauded Goodwill for what appears to be a Herculean effort to stand up its own resale marketplace.
– Had a ton of fun riffing on Hollister’s new payment system that allows teens to send their online carts directly to their parents for payment.
– And closed with a look at why in the world the city of Chicago would be planning to roll out one-to-one autonomous delivery vehicles, when, in the very same week, Amazon announced its own plans to scuttle its Scout delivery robot.
There’s all that, plus the Tom Brady and Gisele divorce rumors, what famous art we would wear on a t-shirt, and, if I were a superhero, what my superpower would be.
You can give this week’s Fast Five podcast episode a listen by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
Music by hooksounds.com