– Praised Walmart for their purchase of 4,500 electric delivery vehicles from Canoo.
– Examined all the reasons why Amazon is still investing in smart carts and is now planning to roll out its Dash Cart to Whole Foods.
– Discussed why retailers, like Walmart and others, should and should not participate in Prime Day.
– Gave Costco mad props for its June sales performance and its unbending will on hot dog pricing.
– And closed with a deep look into what Gopuff’s recent layoffs could tell us about the state of instant delivery.
There’s all that, plus “deloading,” college lacrosse smells, and Anne’s favorite schmear.
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
Plus, check out our Top 10 ranking in Feedspot’s 60 Top Retail Podcasts: https://blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/