- Took another victory lap on their long held position that Mark Tritton’s tenure at Bed Bath & Beyond would be short-lived.
- Highlighted the importance of Trigo’s second autonomous grocery store implementation with Rewe in Berlin, which places it squarely in the lead as the “non-Amazon” option in the battle for checkout-free grocery retailing.
- Lauded Amazon for rolling out a new analytics platform for CPGs that works off its “Just Walk Out” technology.
- Praised Gap for doing something every retailer should do – i.e. invest in lab stores.
- And closed with a question about just how far up the leadership ladder Walmart’s FTC troubles over money transfers could go.
There’s all that, plus muscle biopsies, fake tanning on a budget, and Anne’s new favorite alcoholic beverage that can only be described as a “Hot Mezz.”
You can give this week’s Fast Five podcast episode a listen by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
Plus, check out our Top 10 ranking in Feedspot’s 60 Top Retail Podcasts: https://blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/