In the latest edition of the Omni Talk Fast Five, sponsored by the A&M Consumer & Retail Group and Takeoff, A&M’s David Ritter and Kristin Kohler Burrows join Chris Walton and Anne Mezzenga to debate:
– What Amazon’s latest moves to increase wages and offer free college tuition for its employees signal for the rest of the retail industry.
– The recent layoffs at Casper and whether they are a canary in the coal mine for other DTC brands or simply an isolated event.
– Amazon mega-roller-upper Thrasio’s recent $100 million spending spree and what it could mean for the CPG industry.
– Peloton’s overt move into private label apparel.
– And, close with a discussion on buyers’ clubs through the examination lens of Beauty Pie, a buyers’ club in the health and wellness space that just raised $100 million.
There’s all that plus taco subscription runs to the border and what we think is also likely fake news from Deutsche bank on the size of the Walmart+ subscription base.
You can give this week’s episode a listen by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
iTunes | Spotify | SoundCloud
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
To learn more about the A&M Consumer & Retail Group, visit: www.alvarezandmarsal.com/industries/retail/retail
To learn more about Takeoff, visit: www.takeoff.com/
Plus, check out our ranking in Feedspot’s 45 Top Retail Podcasts: blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/