In the latest Omni Talk Ask An Expert Series interview, Chris Walton speaks with Quorso Founder and CEO Julian Mills about the latest trends in agile store management theory and practice.
Agile store management, first introduced to Omni Talk fans back in the summer of 2020, is the idea that retail operations, particularly at the store level, can be managed in the same way software is created, i.e. with a quick, iterative mindset that is all about coordinated testing and learning to deliver the most meaningful results.
Quorso and Julian are leading experts in the field of agile retail, and in this interview Chris explores with Julian what the practice of applying this methodology means for those running retail stores on the front lines.
Together they discuss:
– Where the idea of “agile” comes from (minute 3:45)
– The right blend of analytics and UX to make it all happen (10:00)
– What companies are ready for culturally (13:55)
– Why running stores is also an incredibly localized business (20:00)
– Why in-stocks may not be a retailer’s biggest problem (24:00)
– And how small long-tail changes, just like in e-commerce, can add up to huge impacts over time (26:00)
Chris also enjoyed the conversation so much that we also plan to have Julian back again in the late summer to talk even more about the next phases of what this trend could look like.
You can listen to our podcast interview with Julian by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
To learn more about Quorso’s Agile Store Lab Report, head here: https://quorso.com/agile-stores-lab-report-retails-agile-in-action/