For the latest episode of Omni Talk’s new Ask An Expert Interview Series for 2021, Chris Walton and Anne Mezzenga interview Kristin Kohler Burrows and David Ritter of the A&M Consumer and Retail Group.
David and Kristin love retail, have great backgrounds as both operators and consultants (Kristin in shoes and David in the Army), and both share our Omni Talk passion for great debate as a path to the right answers. Every week they put us on the spot with tough questions about the future of retail in our weekly Omni Talk Fast Five podcast.
In this episode, Chris and Anne turn the tables and put them to test by asking them to share their thoughts as experts on the future of retail and what matters most, right now.
Together the four of them discuss:
– The issues facing various categories of retail
– Inventory management and assortment planning, especially in grocery
– Digital marketplace partnerships and the impact on in-store experiences
– The move to microfulfillment and overall grocery profitability
– CPGs going direct-to-consumer (and the lessons they can take from the footwear industry)
– Anne’s favorite topic du jour, revenge spending, and jumping feet first into the latest seasonal trends
– And, the two trends to which retailers should be paying more attention but are not (sustainability and China)
Listen to this podcast, and one thing will stand out — Kristin and David have pretty sound thoughts around how to work smarter and not harder as retailers.
And, for those keeping score at home, their combined Millennial score was about a 33 to 35. Just saying.
You can listen to our podcast interview with Kristin and David by clicking above or the platform of your choice below:
iTunes | Spotify | Google | SoundCloud
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
To learn more about the A&M Consumer & Retail Group, visit: www.alvarezandmarsal.com/industries/retail/retail