In the latest episode of Omni Talk’s Ask An Expert Interview Series for 2021, Chris Walton interviews Jonah Ellin, Chief Product Officer at 1010data.
There is no question that 2020 was a transformative year for grocery.
Consumer behavior changed, and retailers changed in response, but which of these changes are here to stay is still an important and outstanding question.
So, with all that said, Chris went right to the data and asked Jonah to share his company’s latest report on the state of the grocery industry for 2021.
Together Chris and Jonah discuss:
– The raw growth in online grocery across 2020
– The lingering power of Instacart even after stay-at-home orders have ceased
– The new normal level of curbside pickup across retailers, especially the warehouse clubs
– And, why the old ways of looking at grocery performance, e.g. market share and sales over LY, may no longer be enough to understand where the puck is headed next.
Give this podcast a listen and one thing will become 100% clear — curbside pickup and Instacart aren’t going away anytime soon, if at all. There’s a new normal, and the grocery winners and losers will be determined by those who embrace this new world as opposed to those who continue to cling to operating models of the past.
You can listen to Chris and Jonah discuss all this and more by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
And to read 1010data’s 2021 State of Grocery Report in full, click here: omnitalk.blog/wp-content/uploads…y_Report_Final.pdf
Be careful out there,
– Chris and the Omni Talk team