For the latest episode of Omni Talk’s new Ask An Expert Interview Series for 2021, Chris Walton interviews Kevin Swanwick, Vice President Store Solutions at Manhattan Associates.
The correlative relationship between service and margin is a fundamental axiom in business, and yet retail companies often overlook this relationship in evaluating what technologies are right for them.
The flashiest answers may not be the best answers and could depend on whether your business is designed to move many units at low margin or designed for high touch service with lower turn and a higher product margin per unit sold.
In this episode, Chris and Kevin explore this topic in depth and through the lens of point-of-sale technology to shine a light on all the different nuances involved in technology decision-making.
Together Chris and Kevin discuss:
– What it means to be an order-centric retailer vs. a customer-centric retailer (and what it implies for technology)
– Why cloud commerce is essential for both setups
– Which retail experiences are more suited for self-service scan-and-go style checkout versus others
– And, which cloud commerce system is the most integral piece of a retailer’s omnichannel engine
Listen to this podcast, and one thing will stand out — the future of in-store retail experiences will look very different from one retailer to another. No one size will fit all. Rather, the right answers will depend on who you are as a brand and how your business model actually works.
Be careful out there
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team