– The growing number of “zombie” Amazon Fresh stores lying dormant throughout the country.
– Schnucks expanding its flexforce employment initiative to more stores and why it is an important initiative on which to keep an eye.
– American Eagle taking its frenemy network approach directly to malls by way of a new warehouse leasing partnership with JLL.
– DoorDash making another smart move, while Instacart struggles with its own identity, as it gets into return reverse logistics.
– And closed with a spotlight on an interesting startup out of Israel, Super Duper, that asks the question, “If grocers are reticent to invest in microfulfillment tech, why not just become a microfulfillment-based grocer instead?”
There’s all that, plus Fukubukuro lucky bags, the Nike Fit class Anne would most like to watch on Netflix, and both the disturbing and also the quite possibly pleasurable features of Kroger’s new smart apron.
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
P.S. And don’t forget to use our discount code to register for Manifest too: Manife.st/Omnitalk
P.P.S. Plus, check out our Top 10 ranking in Feedspot’s 60 Top Retail Podcasts: https://blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
P.P.P.S. And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/