“Smash and Grab” robberies at several retailers stole the headlines during Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but the real concern for retailers should be the significant increase in digital “smash and grabs” as fraud spikes with the growing number of “card not present” and online transactions.
In the latest edition of The Omni Talk Ask An Expert Series, Signifyd SVP of Operations and Corporate Development Bennett joins Anne Mezzenga to discuss this and more, including Signifyd’s latest Pulse report outlining fraud data during Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021.
In this episode they cover:
– How retailers should prepare for fraud during peak holiday traffic
– New areas for fraud monitoring as store experiences get more high tech, from scan-and-go to contactless payments
– In times of supply chain shortages, how retailers can make sure their limited number of products get into the hands of their best customers
– The importance of investing in tech like machine learning to maintain security, speed, and customer satisfaction in as many transactions as possible
For more information, head to Signifyd.com, and for access to their weekly reports, including the one discussed in this episode on Black Friday and Cyber Monday head to signifyd.com/pulse.
Be careful out there.
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team