In the latest edition of the Omni Talk Fast Five, sponsored by the A&M Consumer & Retail Group, Takeoff, and Manhattan Associates, A&M’s Kristin Kohler Burrows and Chad Lusk stop by to discuss all the week’s top retail news with Chris Walton and Anne Mezzenga.
Together they debate:
– The likely impacts of Amazon’s MGM acquisition.
– The first-ever antitrust suit brought against Amazon and why it feels like the Attorney General of Washington, D.C. may have a case.
– 10 minute delivery and the new startup, Gorillas, coming to NYC.
– Kroger taking Ocado to new heights and where it doesn’t have stores in Florida
– And, why in the world Wilson Sporting Goods thinks it should open up physical stores.
There’s all that, plus lake beer, James Bond casting, and one of the toughest put you on the spot questions for first-timer Chad in the history of the show!
You can give this week’s episode a listen by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
To learn more about the A&M Consumer & Retail Group, visit: http://www.alvarezandmarsal.com/industries/retail/retail
To learn more about Takeoff, visit: http://www.takeoff.com/
To read Chris Walton’s write up of this week’s Manhattan Momentum Connect Conference, click here: https://omnitalk.blog/2021/05/27/momentum-connect-21-why-theres-theres-no-difference-between-purgatory-and-hell-when-talking-cloud-commerce/