Dollar General Corporation (NYSE: DG) today reported financial results for its fiscal 2023 second quarter (13 weeks) ended August 4, 2023.
- Net Sales Increased 3.9% to $9.8 Billion
- Same-Store Sales Decreased 0.1%
- Operating Profit Decreased 24.2% to $692.3 Million
- Diluted Earnings Per Share (“EPS”) Decreased 28.5% to $2.13
- Year-to-Date Cash Flows From Operations of $726.7 Million
- Board of Directors Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.59 Per Share
“While we are not satisfied with our overall financial results, we made significant progress in the second quarter improving execution in our supply chain and our stores, as well as reducing our inventory growth rate and further strengthening our price position,” said Jeff Owen, Dollar General’s chief executive officer.
“These actions were an important driver of improving customer traffic trends and growing total market share in the second quarter. In addition, we executed nearly 850 real estate projects during the quarter, further extending our reach and expanding our ability to serve both new and existing customers.”Investor.Dollar General