Dematic Market Development Director, Kim Baudry, joins Chris and Anne for the second time in 2023 to discuss the major trends she is seeing as retailers try to bring their fulfillment closer to their end consumers.
In this podcast, Chris and Anne go deep with Kim on:
- Why more and more retailers are investing in “sortation centers”
- Why investment in on-site microfulfillment may be slowing down, particularly in grocery
- Why many retailers are starting with a software and manual approach to order fulfillment
- Why retailers are looking harder at AMRs (aka autonomous mobile robots) for their automation needs over other automation options
- And, finally, why all the complexity involved in getting closer to the consumer could make for some strange bedfellows across the OMS, WMS, and warehouse automation landscape
True to form, Kim is again frank, blunt, and to the point — and, for that reason, she is always one of our favorite podcast guests.
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team