Avalara’s Meg Higgins and BigCommerce’s Sharon Gee join Chris Walton and Anne Mezzenga to discuss all the pressures the omnichannel evolution has placed on retailers’ abilities to collect tax accurately at a local level.
In this podcast, Chris and Anne go deep with Meg and Sharon on:
– The increasing amount of digital access points consumers have by way of things like digital marketplaces, BOPIS, cross-border retailing and more
– All the complicated tax issues that arise for retailers in trying to offer these capabilities to their consumers
– What it takes to get in front of these issues and to keep the IRS off your back
– And, most importantly, how tax collection will only get more complicated in the future as AI takes hold and we can all “checkout anywhere”
Whether you are an SMB or a large scale retailer, this podcast scores a 10 out of 10 on our Omni Talk education meter.
You can listen to Chris and Anne’s full interview with Meg and Sharon by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
Curious about where you may owe sales tax? Almost every state requires businesses to register to collect and file sales tax if their sales volume is high enough. Take this free assessment to help you figure out where you could be on the hook for sales tax: avlr.co/42ksrvE
Going to the Retail Innovation Conference & Expo #RICE23? Join Omni Talk and Avalara and BigCommerce in the Retail Therapy Lounge at booth #1412 on Wednesday, June 14 to learn how our innovative technology can simplify your operations, streamline your tax compliance, and provide a seamless shopping experience for your customers. Register here: www.linkedin.com/events/avalaraan…670464/comments/