In this latest episode of the Omni Talk Retail Spotlight Series, Shopreme Chief Customer Officer Nico Müller joins Chris Walton and Anne Mezzenga to discuss what it takes to make a scan-and-go checkout system really work.
With all the noise surrounding Wegmans’ announcement last year, Chris and Anne wanted to learn what makes scan-and-go so successful in Europe. Or said another way, what is the real recipe for success that everyone should follow?
To that end, Chris and Anne get the skinny from Nico on:
– Loss prevention tactics, particularly closed entry and exit points
– Easy mobile signup
– Localized rollouts vs. one store pilots
– Mobile-only payment options
– And the importance of hands-free shopping for larger grocery trips
There’s a lot of noise out there surrounding scan-and-go shopping, and this podcast interview helps to clear it all up!
You can listen to can listen to Chris and Anne’s full interview with Nico by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team