- Lauded the brilliance of Shein reportedly planning to build its own marketplace.
- Had serious doubts about the staying power of Amazon’s latest TikTok-inspired social commerce play, ironically dubbed, “Inspire.”
- Found Nordstrom Rack’s plans to cut back on store-based fulfillment not the least bit surprising at all.
- Applauded Walmart for putting its weight behind visual search, while still harshly criticizing its execution of it.
- And, last but not least, pontificated about why in the world Amazon would want to kill the barcode – seriously, what did barcodes ever do to you, Amazon? Why all the angst?
There’s all that, plus Gen Z luxuries, shorn McDreamies, and how Anne plans to “spice” up her life in 2023.
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
P.S. And don’t forget to use our discount code to register for Manifest too: Manife.st/Omnitalk
P.P.S. Plus, check out our Top 10 ranking in Feedspot’s 60 Top Retail Podcasts: https://blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
P.P.P.S. And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/