– Questioned whether anything of note could be gleaned from reports that Walmart and others pushed Amazon to fourth place in Black Friday online searches.
– Discussed whether the way Target has rolled out Starbucks curbside pickup is “Expect More, Pay Less” or really “Expect More, Pay More.”
– Evaluated the likely reception of a slew of new AWS retail technology product launches.
– Grew skeptical of Rite Aid’s ability to pull off a new small store concept in “pharmacy deserts.”
– And closed with an all-time zinger from Anne about Macy’s new Claire’s shop-in-shops.
There’s all that, plus champagne baths, drones going very awry in Australia, and the incredibly wise holograms of Sam Walton.
You can give this week’s Fast Five podcast episode a listen by clicking above or on the platform of your choice below:
And don’t forget to use our discount code to register for Manifest too: Manife.st/Omnitalk
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
Plus, check out our Top 10 ranking in Feedspot’s 60 Top Retail Podcasts: https://blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
And be sure to check out all our other podcasts from the past week here, too: https://omnitalk.blog/category/podcast/