– Question the strategic rationale behind the Kroger and Bed Bath & Beyond partnership that was announced this week.
– Explain why Amazon Fresh gaining share in California and Illinois could be a canary in the coal mine that the grocery industry should be watching closely.
– Highlight Ubers Eats getting into “Babies and Kids” delivery.
– Discuss all the ramifications of Grabango going live with its checkout-free solutions in six stores in Tucson, AZ.
– And close with a look at Nike trademarking virtual goods and what it means for brands as they grapple with the coming apocalypse metaverse.
There’s all that, plus my favorite NES game of all time, what Anne would wear to a team’s meeting in the metaverse, and a shout to everyone’s favorite American town, Conshohocken, PA.
Be careful out there.
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team
To learn more about the A&M Consumer & Retail Group, visit: alvarezandmarsal-crg.com/
To learn more about Takeoff, visit: http://www.takeoff.com/
To learn more about Attentive, visit: http://www.attentivemobile.com/omnitalk
Plus, check out our ranking in Feedspot’s 45 Top Retail Podcasts: blog.feedspot.com/retail_podcasts/
Music by HookSounds.com