– Walmart removing its in-store pickup towers and how the announcement, despite the headlines, is about way more than robotics.
– Gopuff nabbing a 20 year Amazon veteran to head up operations after its latest $1 billion financing round.
– The hilarious Amazon vs. Walmart battle over cool sounding in-home delivery PR. For the record, Amazon wins hands down, and I make no bones about it, calling in-home fridge delivery one of the worst ideas Walmart has had in the past five years.
– Instagram’s new marketplace to connect creators and brands.
– And why a new Harry Potter store in NYC highlights everything that is right about physical retail, even though it really has nothing to do with retail.
You can give this week’s episode a listen above or on the platform of your choice below:
Be careful out there.
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team