In the latest Omni Talk Live Production — You Can’t Spell Autonomous Shopping Without AI — Chris Walton goes deep on the subject of AI and autonomous shopping with executives from NVIDIA, Dell Technologies, and AWM Smart Shelf who know their stuff as well as anyone.
Azita Matin (NVIDIA’s VP & GM, AI for Retail & CPG), Trey McMillian (Dell Technology’s GM for Retail), and Kevin Howard (AWM Smart Shelf CEO) all join Chris for a lively and frank discussion on what we can all expect in the world of autonomous shopping over the next few years.
Together they discuss and predict:
– That key retailers will be rolling out more autonomous shopping pilots in the next 6 to 12 months (8:25)
– Why autonomous shopping is a “natural evolution of human nature” (11:00)
– How AI frees up employees time for value added tasks (14:44)
– The nuances between autonomous shopping and autonomous operations (15:50)
– The importance of GPUs in autonomous shopping (28:50)
– Why the path to autonomous shopping doesn’t have to be linear — i.e. self-checkout machines, scan-and-go, smart carts, then fully autonomous (35:42)
– The insanity of retailers trying to go this alone with their own home grown solutions (40:18)
– And, that fully autonomous shopping could be the norm within 3 years (45:16)
You heard it here first — 3 years!
That is the timeline by which three AI executives all believe that we can expect the major retail players in the world to deploy fully autonomous shopping at scale.
Sign us up!
Be careful out there,
– Chris, Anne, and the Omni Talk team