In the latest edition of the Omni Talk Fast Five, sponsored by FastSensor and Takeoff, Chris Walton, Anne Mezzenga, and Emma the Intern have quite the catharsis surrounding Prime Day and all the week’s top retail headlines.
This week they discuss:
– How Amazon Prime Day left them wanting more
– Why Walmart splitting up Black Friday into 3 separate events could signal tough times ahead
– Dollar General’s new upmarket Popshelf concept that Chris loves and Anne and Emma the Intern are split on
– The company formerly known as Standard Cognition’s new checkout-free convenience store on a Houston college campus (it’s only 350 sf — we checked)
– Gamestop’s new Microsoft partnership
– GoPuff’s huge $380 million investment round
– And, William H. Macy
Yes, William H. Macy.
All that and more, plus Chris, of course, pays tribute to two female titans of early 1980s television.
Be careful out there.
– Chris and the Omni Talk team