- Kroger has opened a two-story downtown store, just a block from their headquarters, with a food hall featuring multiple local restaurant brands. The company is pushing further into expanding their customer experience and aim to represent a “food-first” culture.
- Amazon has unveiled 14 new devices, just in time for the holiday season, at the Alexa event held yesterday. New products included Alexa-enabled glasses, earbuds, and a smart ring among new releases from brands Ring and Eero.
- Sam’s club is launching a health care pilot to members to reduce costs on services that patients may often skip or delay such as dental care, telehealth consultations, and free prescriptions for some generic medications.
- eBay CEO, Devin Wenig, is out following disagreements with the company board on how to move forward on plans to increase company growth. The firm has also been facing pressure from activist investors which have been agitating for change and pressuring the company to sell off certain arms of business.
- Athleta has named a new CEO, Mary Beth Laughton, coming over to the firm from Sephora where she served as executive VP of omni retail for the United States. Gap parent company to Athleta stated that Laughton, “increased Sephora’s online business five times and improved store performance through a focus on innovative customer experiences coupled with operational rigor.”
Chris Walton is an accomplished Senior Executive with nearly 20 years of success within the retail and retail technology industries. He is well-versed in merchandising, store operations, inventory management, product design, forecasting, e-commerce, pricing and promotions, and tech product development.
Chris was most recently a Vice President with Target, where he led the retailer’s Store of the Future project and also ran the Target’s home furnishing division for e-commerce. He previously worked for GAP, Inc., as a Distribution Analyst and Manager.
Chris holds a BA in Economics and History from Stanford University, and a MBA from Harvard Business School.
He likes to dress as Darth Vader for Halloween, and his wife also frequently asks him to ask Alexa, "to turn off the music."