A Happy Holidays and Year-in-Review Thank You Note from Omni Talk (subscribe here).
Heading into the holidays, I want to take a moment to say, “thank you,” to all the faithful readers of Omni Talk this past year. With roughly 50 posts, nearly 20,000 views, almost 10,000 visitors in only a six-month span, and one man crush Scott Galloway favorited tweet later, Omni Talk has far exceeded my expectations from when I penned my first blog post, comparing Amazon to a Vietnam battle, while having lunch at a Minneapolis liquor/sandwich shop back in June.
Because of your support, I have realized that there are stories to tell and, most importantly, stories that you want to hear. As we like to say at Omni Talk, some opinions shared may be right, some most certainly may be wrong — but no matter what, they are meant to provoke curiosity about the retail industry that we all know and love.
I look forward to continuing Omni Talk in 2018 and hope that you will look back in fondness as I do, on the posts that you most enjoyed (according to your clicks) over the past year.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
The Omni Talk 2017 Top 10 Most Read Posts
- 10 Signs from an Earnings Call that a Retailer is in Trouble (7/10/2017)
- Amazon and the Battle of Dien Bien Phu (6/20/2017)
- Starbucks is Amazon’s Store of the Future (1-Minute Video Post) (8/10/2017)
- Retail’s Product Problem — Why We Need to Stop Thinking with Our Small P’s (7/5/2017)
- Inspiration from Disaster — Flight 255 and Its Lasting Impact (8/14/2017)
- 10 surprising retail predictions for 2018 (12/6/2017)
- Was Terry J. Lundgren the Mayor of Shark City? (6/27/2017)
- Amazon and Walmart Ain’t Got Nothing on Us — Retail’s New Flywheel Revealed (9/25/2017)
- 10 Things I Think I Think I Love and Don’t Love about Walmart Right Now (Full Version) (12/6/2017)
- The store of the future won’t be Amazon (11/30/2017)
Be careful out there,
P.S. Omni Talk wishes everyone a Happy Holiday and a wonderful New Year. All the best to you and your families.
P.P.S. In the spirit of the holidays, Omni Talk plans to take a little break and will return on 1/9/2018 with Retailers Anonymous — A 12-Step Recovery Program, the definitive long-form handbook to omnichannel innovation and implementation that every retailer should read. Subscribe now to receive your free copy via email in January.
P.P.P.S. I plan tor republish much of the above content directly on LinkedIn over the next few weeks, so I apologize in advance if content that you have already read begins to appear in your feeds again. Hopefully, the move will continue to help build upon the awareness that you have already created for Omni Talk.
Chris Walton is an accomplished Senior Executive with nearly 20 years of success within the retail and retail technology industries. He is well-versed in merchandising, store operations, inventory management, product design, forecasting, e-commerce, pricing and promotions, and tech product development.
Chris was most recently a Vice President with Target, where he led the retailer’s Store of the Future project and also ran the Target’s home furnishing division for e-commerce. He previously worked for GAP, Inc., as a Distribution Analyst and Manager.
Chris holds a BA in Economics and History from Stanford University, and a MBA from Harvard Business School.
He likes to dress as Darth Vader for Halloween, and his wife also frequently asks him to ask Alexa, "to turn off the music."